PowerScape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PowerScape is a runescape private server. It is a 317 server up 24/7 with x100 exp rates. We have one staff member who speaks english and another who speaks norwegian but is ok at english. Owners: Light and Jaxidor

HomeHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scrub
Guard
Guard

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Empty
PostSubject: Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)   Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 9:15 pm

OK, first off - I know there is a guide in the guide forum but its not clear and hard to read..
2nd - a lot of ppl have been having trouble getting onto powerscape (judging from the chatbox) so i decided to make this
3rd - this guide will cover everything from downloading the client to starting off with your new account
4h - Dreams give me permission Very Happy thank you!

OK..

Contents:

1 - Downloading and installing java
2 - Downloading and installing winrar
3 - Downloading and extracting the powerscape client
4 - Running powerscape and logging in
5 - Starting off in a world full of adventure!
6 - Last notes

if you have java and/or winrar, then skip that step.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1 - Downloading and installing java

the java website - http://www.java.com/en/download/inc/windows_upgrade_xpi.jsp

this site has the requirements for java aswell as the download. If you're unsure if you have the right requirements or not, read the information on this page. so click the download link.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java11

note this download is for windows, so if you're using mac or some other operating system click on the link labeled "Other Java Versions" then search for the operating system you're using, click the link and download.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Javab

OK, once you click the download link a box will appear prompting you to save the file, so press save file

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Javao

time to install Razz so on your desktop you should have an icon with the java logo

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Javal

now, open that file and you will get prompted to install java. click run

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Javar

ok, now you'll be prompted to install. so click install then. it will start downloading files... OK, keep the box ticked if you want the yahoo toolbar, uncheck if you dont. Now it will start installing, be patient. Great! now its done! step 1 complete, well done!

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Javawbr
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Step 2 - Downloading and installing Winrar

The winrar download - http://download.cnet.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

OK.. this one is easy.. a big download button Very Happy so click it.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java12

the page you get now is very simple.. just read the sentence..
OK, it will prompt you to save, so press the save file button

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java13

now look for the install icon on your desktop

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java14

now you'll get a window prompting you to run it, do so and you'll get another window with the terms of use.. it says it's a 40 day trial.. im not sure about this as i've had mine for 2 years now Very Happy OK, press install. Ok now you've got a window with a load of boxes, i reccomend just leaving it the way it is.. tick the box for putting it on your start menu if you want..ok thats it done! step 2 complete, well done!

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java15

Step 3 - Downloading and extracting the powerscape client

The powerscape client download - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JETF4DKK

Megaupload Very Happy OK, on the side is the download link, above that is a bot-killed-thingy.. so enter the code you see and then press the link.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java16

Now you're on another page, click the regular download link.. a few advertisements may pop up so be careful you don't exit out of your browser.

Now, you should get a window prompting you to OPEN the file with winrar, make sure it is winrar you are opening it with. Press OK.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java17

The download may take a few minutes so be patient. When it's down, it may or may not automatically open so manually do that if it doesn't open immediatly.. So now we have winrar opened up, highlight the folder named "X Powerscape Client" and press the big button saying "Exteact To" at the top.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java19

OK, now you'll get a window with a load of files and folders on it, highlight the name "Desktop" and select OK

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java20

it will start loading things now... Once it's done, congrats! Step 3 complete, well done!

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java21

Step 4 - Running powerscape and logging in

Now look for the icon called "X Powerscape Client" and open it up.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java22

Now we have a big bunch of files and folders! so search through to the bottom for a file called "run" or if you have file types enabled to show then "run.bat"

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java23

open that up and you'll get a cmd window.. black background and a few words like "connecting to update server" etc.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java24

then the actual client in which you can play will pop up Very Happy it will take a little time to load for the first time though..
OK, now you have the login screen. Now just enter anything you want in.. so in this case my charachter will be called "scrubbsguide" and the password will be something that i wont tell anyone Very Happy

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java10

now just press login and your in! account created! well done, you completed step 4!

Step 5 - Starting off in a world full of adventure!

You'll login to a lot of stuff in your inventory, at you'll be at a place called home.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java25

Now, there are teleports so we want to look at beginning training.. the red square is beginning training and the light blue square is home. Make sure you put your money in the bank and exchange the noted food for.. food... preferably lobsters at your current lvl.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java26

Now that we are surrounded by penguins, attack some but make sure to eat as they hit a little bit... train here till around lvl 40 in attack, strength and defence.

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java27

now teleport home and buy some armour and weapons in the shops

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java29

Now that we have decent stuff, lets go kill some rock crabs!

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java31
Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java32

OK, that's the guide finished! hope it helped Very Happy and i wish you good luck for the future!

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Java34

Step 6 - Last notes

Well, that's my guide finished.. If you want any more help on farther skilling i suggest this page: Ultimate Skilling Guide THe above guide will go into farther lvling, including skills. I suggest crafting for money.. once you hit lvl 80 crafting, you can earn 32k per amulet that you make (Don't worry! You don't need to enchant!)

need more help? contact me on the chatbox, my name is scrub!
need any help ingame? my username is scrubbs!
thx for reading and have a good day Very Happy

Last edited by scrub on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Colton
Mithril Dragon
Mithril Dragon
Sir Colton

PostSubject: Re: Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)   Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 10:12 pm

I would add starting crafting, as its the only way to make money. Great guide btw Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scrub
Guard
Guard

PostSubject: Re: Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)   Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:53 am

oo thx.. forgot about skills Razz... now what was that char's password... lol
Back to top Go down
LuckyDuck
Administrator
Administrator
LuckyDuck

PostSubject: Re: Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)   Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 pm

you can also fish for money sell the raw's
Back to top Go down
Amarath
Mithril Dragon
Mithril Dragon
Amarath

PostSubject: Re: Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)   Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 pm

I like your guide alot, Scrub <3 good job man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)   Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured) Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide to getting onto powerscape and starting out (pictured)
Page 1 of 1